Thursday, January 26, 2017

Holley Bear Birthday

HolleyBear is 2




What a fun cake to make! Holley wanted her own birthday cake (even though she only licks it).  Her mom, Katie requested vanilla confetti cake and low sugar frosting. I told her I had a baby bear cake pan and no problem. I indeed had a teddy bear pan, but it was a big one, so not to disappoint, I decided to figure out how to sculpt a bear cake. There you have it, my first sculpted figure with a little help from her> How to Cook That- Teddy Bear.

Holley Bear is covered in a light milk chocolate buttercream with the grass tip to look like fur. I made the cupcakes the same way, except I made cake balls from the leftover cake to make their heads. All the paws, ears, eyes and pads on the bottom of feet were handmade with fondant. The cupcake bears eyes were black dragees. Holley Bear's hat is RKT covered in fondant. I made sure that everything was edible on the cake to be sure it was safe. The cupcakes were vanilla cake with strawberry cheesecake filling. I love how there is a different personality on each cupcake bear. Fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and ideas greatly appreciated: