Friday, January 13, 2017

Mocha Dream Cake

I call this my Mocha Dream cake because the flavor choices were phenomenal, I think I'm making this for my next birthday. It was a classic chocolate cake with a decadent mocha mousse filling and I made a Dulce de Leche Swiss Meringue Buttercream that melted in your mouth. I didn't get the sample all the flavors together, but I'm confident it was delicious. The top tier was all the same except I made it a chocolate mocha marble and I used Kona Mocha coffee for the mocha flavor and it worked perfectly.


Okay enough about the flavors.  The handmade mocha creme colored sugar peony took me about 3 hours total and it takes about 3 days drying time (It has to dry between layers in order to make it look more 3-D). The petals were all edged in a hint of gold dust for a bit of sparkle and elegance. The ombre' mocha and cream design was suggested by the customer and it turned out delicate and goes great with the design. If you look closely at the top tier their is a gradation from the top to bottom with a cocoa color to a lighter color towards the bottom. The design was a lovely juxtaposition of rustic and chic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and ideas greatly appreciated: