Sunday, May 4, 2014

Stephanie Rose Ombre


This is a shabby inspired cake made for a 30th birthday party. The top tier was a vanilla cake with fresh raspberry filling.  The bottom layer was fudge cake and salted caramel filling (yes again). The frosting is vanilla bean buttercream piped in rustic pink ombre stripes on the bottom tier.  Creamy rosettes were piped on the top tier with roses placed in a delicate bouquet.





 I made the roses with pink fondant and gumpaste which gave them a more realistic look and dries to a porcelain finish.  I dusted the centers with a tangerine petal dust and sprayed them with pearl spray . To finish I dropped tiny droplets of clear piping gel on the petals to make them look dewy.





This by far is one of my favorites especially since
I have such a passion for all things vintage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and ideas greatly appreciated: