Thursday, July 13, 2017

Vinny Eats Dirt



Shauna ordered this darling cake for her adorable 2 year old mini-Shauna, Vinny. She is always giving me artistic freedom to make her creations. I get a few ideas from her and then I run with it. Vinny loves playing with his construction trucks in the dirt, so I thought it would be fun to give him dirt that is actually edible.

The cake is chocolate with malted milk chocolate filling and frosting. I made the crumbs from Oreo cookie crumbs and graham crackers pulverized together. The two was simply cut on my Cricut (electronic cutting machine) as a template to cover frosting before I dusted it with crumbs, to look like I bulldozed through it. The trucks are all toys, but his name is fondant. Pretty easy cake to make, but very fun. The look on Vinny's face and his brother Robbie was priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and ideas greatly appreciated: