Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Johnny Avenger is 4



This one gets lots of pictures since its a cake and cupcakes. The cake was ordered by my cousin-in-law for her darling son. He squealed when he saw it that was thanks enough. The mallet and fist were sculpted from RKT and covered in fondant.  I piped on stars to cover thequadrant and added a few webs. We stuck with the cartoon feel by adding a few word balloons with some retro sayings "KaPow!"  I use my Cricut machine to help create all the templates for the masks,then I cut them all out by hand. The name was molded in letter molds.

The cake was a vanilla Captain America marble cake.  I tinted the batter with red and blue to give it a marble effect. The filling was a vanilla pastry cream and vanilla buttercream. Johnny wanted vanilla cupcakes with chocolate fudge frosting, so I added a few red and blue sprinkles of confetti to his batter to keep with the americana theme.  Cakes are so much fun! Can't wait for the next one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and ideas greatly appreciated: