Friday, November 18, 2016

LESLIE & ERIC~SIMPLY MEANT TO BE


This was a first for me- black piping on white cake- it was a bit stressful because there is no room for error. I made the pattern from an inspiration piece and added brushed embroidered black flowers for texture and elegance. The cake is pumpkin spice with a baked pumpkin cheesecake filling for the top and bottom tier. The middle tier was cookies and cream filled with fudge ganache.  I made the purple flowers and rose leaves from fondant and gumpaste.

The groom had some input in this cake design he just wanted it to be square. I believe the main reason I got this order was because I agreed to make the filling pumpkin cheesecake, which is his favorite dessert.

Side note: During the tasting the bride revealed she doesn't eat cake, but she tasted all the flavors and actually said she enjoyed it.  I was thrilled to win her over.

1 comment:

  1. You certainly did win me over! I had to stop by and give you a rave review for this spectacular cake. Honestly, everyone absolutely LOVED it. Each layer was super moist and tasted fantastic. The design turned out perfectly. We truly could not have asked for a more perfect cake for our wedding. Thank you so much Lori! I would recommend you to EVERYONE.

    ReplyDelete

Comments and ideas greatly appreciated: