Friday, July 15, 2016

If You're a Tree

You're Not Old if You're a Tree

Fun cake to make! I received a note from my frequent flyer, Sheryl, on Monday morning asking if I can make a cake for her husband for this Friday. "Of course I Can", and I did. She gave me carte blanche and said make whatever design you want.  I thought about one of my favorite sayings regarding seniors and I knew Eddie had a great sense of humor, so I made him into a tree.

The cake is 4 tiers of chocolate cake and I made a new filling which is actual chocolate chip cookie dough without eggs. The frosting is a melt-in-your-mouth fudge silk buttercream that I piped into ropes of bark. Then I touched the bark up with lines from a cake tester tool. The eyes, mouth, note, leaves and sign are all fondant. And it is propped onto a slab of real wood. I made sure his mouth and eyes showed Eddie's sweet smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and ideas greatly appreciated: