Thursday, February 11, 2016

Lil McHolley Had a Farm....

Smash Cake for Holley

      E-I-E-I-Ooohh

I think she likes it; she was so gentle.
Photos by Brooke Bell-Turner

Holley's Lil barn smash cake was a vanilla cake with a lightly sweetened whipped cream frosting to avoid any sugar rush for the baby. She was a little timid eating it and she leaned over, then licked it. I have never scene a one year old do that, I don't think she wanted to get messy, at least not at first. I made the "one" out of swirled fondant and piped whipped rosettes on top. It sits on a fondant cow hide to tie in with the theme.                                                                             



The guests' cupcakes were also vanilla with a strawberry cheesecake filling and vanilla buttercream.  I figure-piped farm animals and wrapped a few cupcakes in grass. My son made me barnboard stands for special occasions and this was the perfect time to use them.

1 comment:

  1. You are the most amazing person...not for doing this for me and Holley, but for everything you do. Your soul is kind and generous...Your cakes are delicious and your a nerd...which I love. Katie

    ReplyDelete

Comments and ideas greatly appreciated: